General Tax Information
- Tax Bills are mailed out to property owners in June/July each year.
- Levy represents the current calendar year taxes January 1 - December 31.
- Payments for taxes must be received by the Municipal Office no later than 4:30 pm on the last business day in October each year.
- A 1% discount will be applied on the amount of taxes paid on or before 4:30 pm on the last business day in July.
- A 1.25% per month penalty will be charged on any payments made after 4:30 pm on the last business day in October - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Payments may be made by cheque, cash, debit, money order or electronic bill payment. May be made in person, mail, electronically or through your mortgage. Please be advised that we DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Must be in Canadian Funds. Post dated cheques for the due date will be accepted. Installment cheques dated throughout the year can be kept by the Municipal Office and deposited accordingly. Please allow 2-3 days for processing when using electronic payments, penalties will be applied to all amounts received after the due date.
- It's the landowner's responsibility to pay taxes by the due date, whether the tax bill was received or not. Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse an owner from this responsibility, nor from liability for any late penalties.
Change in Mailing Address?
If you have changed your mailing address, please notify the RM Office at 204-638-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
Please ensure that you update your address with Land Titles as well to ensure the title is up to date. If you have a name change or spelling error on your tax bill you will also need to contact Land Titles. Please click here for their contact information.
It's the landowner's responsibility to pay taxes by the due date, whether the tax bill was received or not. Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse an owner from this responsibility, nor from liability for any late penalties.
There are two factors that determine the amount of property taxes levied on property:
1. Assessment: The Market Value of your property based on two years prior. Assessments in Manitoba are determined by the Provincial Assessment Services Office. If you have any questions regarding your property assessment please click here.
2. Mill Rates:
a) Municipal Mill Rate - Determined by the Rural Municipality when the current year's budget is developed;
b) School Mill Rate - Determined by Mountain View School Division
Please allow 2-3 days for processing when using electronic payments, penalties will be applied to all amounts received after the due date. For more information on how to set up the RM of Dauphin for online bill payment please click here
If your current buildings/land have undergone an assessment change you may receive a supplementary tax bill in the fall. Please be advised that supplementary tax bills are not replacement bills and you are required to submit payment in addition to your original statement on the dates noted on the bill. If your supplementary tax bill is a credit, it will automatically be applied to your tax account. If your financial institution looks after your taxes, please ensure to notify them of the change.
If you have any questions regarding your taxes please email: email@example.com
Every fall the RM of Dauphin holds a Tax Sale Auction. Any properties that have 2 years outstanding taxes (Prior Years) will be entered into the tax sale process, full payment of the prior years taxes along with all the costs that are incurred will be required before the Tax Sale date in order for the property to be removed.
All properties that are registered in Tax Sale and are unpaid by the Tax Sale date and time will proceed into a public auction.