Reporting Concerns about Animal Welfare
Please notify authorities if you suspect any animal is:
- lacking adequate food and water
- exposed to extreme cold or heat
- not provided with suitable medical attention if wounded or ill
- confined in an area of insufficient space
- kept in unsanitary conditions
- confined without adequate ventilation
- not allowed an opportunity for sufficient exercise
- suffering, seriously injured or in extreme anxiety or distress
How to Report a Concern
Reporting by phone
Contact the Animal Care Line, monitored seven days a week by the Chief Veterinary Office:
- In Winnipeg: 204-945-8000
Toll free: 1-888-945-8001
Reporting by email
Ensure all important information is included in the complaint.
All reports are treated with utmost confidentiality. We do not release names of people who report animal welfare concerns. Your personal information is protected by The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and will remain confidential.
If you are a witness to animal abuse you may be asked to testify in court.